AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rent, economies of size, and government payments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 8/19/2007 22:51 (#189933 - in reply to #189756)
Subject: RE: Rent vs own

Brazilton KS

You are attributing it wrong.  The farm program is not what they are using to fund their land purchases, it is the equity the already have, built up from years and possibly generations of previous work.  That's just the way it is.  You can stand around and complain about the guy who already has a couple million in the bank (or the plat book) or you can get on with building your own net worth up. 

If you started 7 years ago you need more patience.  I've been at it for twenty years and I just missed out on the real opportunity which was there in the later '80's.  I could have chosen to take on a lot of debt and jump straight into land investment during and immediately after high school, and it probably would have turned out great, but it would have been at the cost of my college education and I chose no to  take that course.  It's interesting (but rather pointless) to look at what might have been and try to decide which course would have been best.  My goal has been and so far remains to b e positioned properly for the next opportunity in the cycle.  

7 years is chump change in the big picture. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)