AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rent, economies of size, and government payments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Steve in SD
Posted 8/18/2007 15:12 (#189278 - in reply to #189208)
Subject: Re: rent, economies of size, and government payments

Northville, SD
Wheat Farmer-you can take has gospel. Most in the area don't know how I do it. It is really not that difficult, and as far as the government programs-really they are more headache than they are really worth. I think of the rules and regualtions as a result of them and it is easy to not want them. Oh yeh of course when I get those electronic deposits I take them. but every time a get a letter with USDA as the return address I just cringe wondering what do I have to do now or who is comig to see me now. And I don't abuse anything to have to worry, but I hate getting all of those envelopes. All they have is somthing more to sign. HOW COULD THERE BE SO MUCH TO SIGN? I go to the bank, chemical dealer, equpment dealer and don't bring any papers home. I just make a note on my computer what happened so I don't forget. What happened to good old honesty and integrety. Another thing I don't do is spend 2 hours a day or 15 hours a week sitting listening to lies and inuendo somewhere about how advanced everyone and how well everyone else does it. I spend that 15 hours doing it. Farming to is a huge passionto me and I attack it that way. I sure wish I could run across that 9/16 th wrench. I thought I found it yesterday, but it didn't fit the set so am wondering where that one came from. That is the wa it is when you wake up in the morning walk out the door and YOU are the only guy to answer to (unless you wife is behind you, and the yard needs mowed)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)