AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Negativity towards dairy farming?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dairyman78
Posted 11/23/2011 20:14 (#2064821 - in reply to #2064318)
Subject: Exactly

S.C. Wisconsin
H2a's are a real pain to obtain and it's only for seasonal work which doesn't work for a dairy. Also you better have about $10,000 for a good lawyer that knows how to pull the strings or it isn't going to happen. Also the reason we have illegals in this country is because we have people in ivory towers who think farmers should hire only Americans. Love to have one of those idiots manage a dairy or any farm that require a lot of manual labor for a profit. These people don't have clue where their food comes from.Look what happened in Georgia and Alabama when the ivory tower people made those laws. I listened to a dairy farmer from Georgia a week ago and he stated that Georgia suspended enforcement of their new law after watching fiasco that happened in their state last year. I look at it like me telling a brain surgeon how to do brain surgery when I wouldn't have clue how it's done. Utah has an interesting program for immigrants without papers, that if they are working and have lived in the state they can get a work permit and apply for drivers permit to drive (with proof of insurance). If they are not working to are asked to leave the state. At least they are registered and pay taxes. The federal taxes are being withheld in escrow until the federal government makes up their mind what they are going to do. It has been proven that these workers are needed in order for agriculture to compete in the global economy so why not give these people work permits and the ones who don't work or involved in criminal activity to leave the country. In order to have this happen we need people to put their pride aside and attack the problem which makes for a healthy agriculture economy. The question to ask is do we want to produce most of our food in this country or have it imported like everything else.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)