AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Negativity towards dairy farming?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

TOM/MN
Posted 11/22/2011 16:15 (#2062708 - in reply to #2062682)
Subject: Re: Negativity towards dairy farming?

scmn
Ben D, N CA - 11/22/2011 14:55

No benefits? How many ag jobs have benefits? I've never held an ag job than had benefits. As for the drivers license and insurance comment, I'd say that is pretty ignorant to think they don't have drivers license or insurance at any higher rate than anyone else. Matter of fact, any gainfully employed Mexican probably has a higher chance of having a valid DL and insurance than the hordes of white trash who are unemployed. At least they are worried about being able to get to work, vs. someone who only needs to get out to the mailbox to pick up the welfare check. Bad apples in every race.

As for the discussion about whether or not they'd be big dairies, I'm sure there would be big dairies regardless of who works on them. Do you think there wouldn't be lettuce without Mexicans? Because that is who picks it and most other crops that require manual harvesting. Has nothing to do with race, it has to do with who is willing to work.

[QOUTE]

Look up some recent stories on the news about Alabama cracking down on illegal mexicans in the vegatable fields. The farmer they were talking to had crop rotting in the field. Tried to hire locals and that was a dissaster. They weren`t willing to do the hard labor it takes to harvest some fruits and vegatables. Cheap mexican labor has made these farms get as large as they are. The farmer in the news story was going to plant row crops that could be mechanicly harvested next year. No more vegetables that had to be hand picked on his farm. Can we say extreme food inflation because we have to import it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)