AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Negativity towards dairy farming?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 11/22/2011 21:45 (#2063293 - in reply to #2062089)
Subject: Re: Negativity towards dairy farming?

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
A lot of dairy farmers around here try badmouthing the big dairys out west. But it only makes sense to me. I see cows standing in the mud around here and it still gets to 115 in the summer and there are ruts everywhere and its just nasty half the year and dryed up hot and unprofitable the other half of the year. And everything is so compact because a good farmer doesn't want to waste anymore of his good land to built sprawling facilities, Go out there and all the cows are standing in the dry and there is plenty of room for large facilitys, And the front driveway to the operation is larger than most of the cramped up spaces around here. And water limits the feed that can be grown, but most of the time there is a lot of feed coming to these large dairies within 5 miles of the operation, and the roads are big and nice to get the feed to the operation. Unlike trying to back a milk truck or feed truck, down a one lane gravel road on the side of a hill while a bunch of cows walk through the mud and across the road from a damp dark freestall barn to a block milk barn. while white plastic bale wrap lines the ditches and blows everywhere (I don't have any room to talk about the bale wrap and plastic :/ )
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)