AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tips to quit soda and caffeine? (to help my acid reflux and loose some weight)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 12/10/2023 08:09 (#10517843 - in reply to #10517741)
Subject: RE: Tips to quit soda and caffeine? (to help my acid reflux and loose some weight)

Pittsburg, Kansas

They say tea has less caffeine than coffee. Maybe transition to more tea and less coffee???

I now drink water with a RealLime or RealLemon or RealGrapefruit packet disolved in it sometimes with some electrolyte powder that has magnesium, potassium and salt. I will put a couple of links. On the Re-Lyte I just use the unflavored to avoid the sweeteners. Seems like any real sweet taste gets me to wanting more so I just generally avoid it altogether.

It might help to tackle one vice at a time. In other words while cutting out sugar still drink the coffee for a while. Then tackle the coffee later. Depending on the person and their resolve some might have better luck just going cold turkey on it all for a couple weeks, others might find it easier and more likely to stay the course by tackling one thing at a time. Each individual has to make that kind of choice.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=real+lime+and+lemon+packets&crid=2I3RYCRI3UXKR&sprefix=real+lime%2Caps%2C115&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_5_9

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=re-lyte+electrolyte+powder&crid=A30XY12C5Z4C&sprefix=re-lyte+electrolyte+powder%2Caps%2C113&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Good luck. Weaning off soda pop was my biggest hurdle. Took me a few months to finally get off it totally. I do now drink quite a bit of soda water with some flavoring packets in it, but no diet soda or regular soda with all the sugar or sweeteners.

Once you get past the cravings and find some alternatives you will be home free. The stuff generally doesn't even tempt me any more.......for the most part. LOL

Edited by John Burns 12/10/2023 08:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)