AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Business decision...No More Trucks!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Boyd
Posted 3/25/2008 11:03 (#341441 - in reply to #341376)
Subject: Re: Business decision...No More Trucks!

When I was much younger, pick-ups (as we called them) were used for the farm. When we went to town it was usual to drive a car. Now-a-days the norm in Texas is to drive a "truck" whenever possible, no matter what the occupation. The "truck" has become the status symbol because everyone knows everything is bigger in Texas, or wants to think that. Reminds me of under-sized ....... well whatever it was someone mentioned near the top of this thread. LOL. Never the less, our pick-ups way back yonder had one bench seat, rubber floor mats, maybe a heater and radio. No auto tranny, no air conditioner, no power steering or electric windows and on and on.

I think we've gotten to soft in this country in all parts of our society. I think we could learn a lot from the Aussies. They too live in a large country and live way out in the boondocks, commonly much farther than we do. We waste far too much of the gifts that God has provided to this planet, simply because we can. That's not a good enough excuse. Remember we owe some respect for future generations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)