AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Business decision...No More Trucks!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jasonl
Posted 3/24/2008 17:40 (#340912 - in reply to #340886)
Subject: Thats kinda what I was thinking!

midwest

I know in my own little world, for 500-1000 dollars a year I surely wouldn't want to drive some small old POS every day.

I tried that one year, on an old farm truck we had sitting around here, I had a bright idea that instead of driving my new truck I was going to use it, 6 cyl. 5 spd F-150, 2 wheel drive.  I drove it for two days till I had to run 1.5 hours for parts one day, man did that suck, never again, parked the F-150 and put the toolbox and fuel tank in the new one, best thing I ever did!

I am sorry, but in my situation I would only put on about 10,000 to 15,000 miles a year on farm business with an old rig like that, other times it would be for meetings, running for long distance parts, etc...and I do not want to use the old work car for that, so I really don't see the savings in it after the purchase price, insurance, license and repairs and then you still have to get in and drive that little old stinky Pile every day.  I guess the only way it would pay off in my mind is if you sold off the other vehicles and not had to license and insure them just to sit around.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)