AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Business decision...No More Trucks!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 3/24/2008 12:44 (#340764 - in reply to #340739)
Subject: RE: Business decision...No More Trucks!

Mid Michigan
I think it's a really good idea. I have been doing it for years. My f-350 4x4 sits in the driveway so much most people think I never drive it. Truck costs me about $12 dollars a day to drive to work and the car I drive costs me $6. Now that $6 dollars a day difference is a huge difference to somebody like myself. I can use it somewhere else. I usually drive the truck up town once a week to keep it from falling apart. Same thing with my Lincoln Navigator. That sits and gets driven to work about once a week. I would sell the Suv but the price has dropped so much on it that I would probably have to pay somebody to take it out of the yard with the current gas prices! Stuff like that doesn't sell very good here in Michigan. Insurance is expensive just to have them around. I dropped the f-350 to PLPD a long time ago. My 93 Lincoln Mark that I drive every day gets about 24 mpg so that is my main ride. That has PLPD insurance too. Any time they get down to about $2000-$3000 in value I drop to the non full coverage insurance. I used to work for a guy in the 80's that drove two full sized chevy 4x4's and he got sick of putting gas in them. He bought a used Ford Fiesta and a Dodge Dart with a slant 6 for us to drive when we could. It worked fine. I think a small run around car on the farm is a great idea.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)