AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Business decision...No More Trucks!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Land_Surfer
Posted 3/24/2008 11:42 (#340739)
Subject: Business decision...No More Trucks!

Enlight of current fuel prices, we had to make a business decision on the farm. Announced this morning through the end of the second (next) quarter (i.e., planting season), all vehicles whose avg. mileage is below 20 mpg has been grounded! This includes my precious new Tundra, my Son's Super Duty and my hired man's hand-me-down F350. I've had it! And the only way I am going to deal with it is by not paying for it. What was once considered a nominal expense and deductible has now become an outright nuisance and seriously cutting into the bottom line. Anyone driving our pickups for personal or unauthorized use assumes the personal responsibility for the cost of the fuel and maintenance. Therefore, over the weekend I bought a '91 and '96 model Chrysler mini vans and a '90 Honda Civic (my car). If the Europeans can drive cars on the farm so can we! We'll see how this works for a few months. If no improvement in vehicle expenses, then slowly roll the trucks back into operation. Otherwise, if significant savings, then trucks back on a limited basis only.

Edited by Land_Surfer 3/24/2008 11:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)