AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Those who farmed through the '80's ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

c&k farms
Posted 7/3/2022 10:00 (#9731806 - in reply to #9731652)
Subject: RE: Those who farmed through the '80's ?

SC KS
Dad started in the 70s. Started having kids mid 80s. Said it was everything he could do just to pay interest. Divorced in the early 90s. He never has taken on risky endeavors.

I've lived my entire life with low interest. I think now the way equipment and inputs are that higher interest might be healthy.

I feel that the culture of he's successful because he has all new equipment let's rent if to him might get adjusted some.
I think we may break up large farms some because of adjustments on rent due to a tenant backing off renting everything they can.
However the biggest might just gobble it all up since young guys aren't entering
Might help succession of generations if an older farmer want to just leave money in the bank and retire a bit earlier to let the next age comein.
Our desire to kill every weed, bug, and disease might fade also. This could help reduce over applications because " Only takes 2 bushel to pay for it".

Bug to op yes it impacted us. It has had an impact on me and I don't remember the 4 yrs I lived through. But dad's lessons kept getttaught.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)