AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Those who farmed through the '80's ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 7/3/2022 12:23 (#9731955 - in reply to #9731913)
Subject: RE: Those who farmed through the '80's ?

Kingston,Mi
Stressful and interesting times, I bought a JD 95 roundback combine with a grain head and a 4 row corn head. Down payment and finaced thru John Deere at 19 % interest. Switched jobs and allowed a neighbor to farm my rented ground for a year while I continued to make payments on the combine.

I was working as a soil conservation technician and heard a pickup pull up out front, open the front door then the utility room door then they closed the door and left. Decided I would check this out, it was the city water dept. checking the water meter. This was about the time where that stressed farmer in Minnesota shot and killed a loan officer from P.C.A. or the other agency then killed himself. In the next county, a tandem axle beet truck followed by a station wagon pulled into the P.C.A. parking lot, the farmer got out, went into the loan officers office, dropped a ring of keys on the desk and told the officer all the machinery was locked up in the tool shed. He was keeping the beet truck and he left. Abandoned the farm to the association.

When they wrote down those loans when requested, one farmer cleared out his tool shed and thru a bar-b-que, which apparently is the way to mark sticking it to the rest of us.

Edited by BOGTROTTER 7/3/2022 12:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)