AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bad neighbors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Stormwatcher
Posted 1/24/2010 17:57 (#1039201 - in reply to #1037716)
Subject: RE: bad neighbors

WCMO-SWMO Area
Some years ago a so called good neighbor came to a family member and tried to rent farm ground away from me.I was paying a few dollars per acre above the average cash rent for the area and they said no as they were happy with me.

For many-many years when I had the time I helped a neighbor that farmed 600 acres more than I did.. He was hard to work for and couldnt keep help.He was always calling me and told me that when he retired I'd get some of his ground.When that time finally happened I really needed the ground and got exactly nothing.That hurt.You talk about feeling used.

Its gotten cut throat around here now and theres lots of hard feelings between neighbors.Being retired and a landlord,I'm on the other side of the fence now.Yes,I could get more rent but the guys that farm my place need it,are honest,and the rent always gets paid.

In the old days neighbors used to visit each other all the time but thats a thing of the past..Everyone is so busy now and what little free time they have is spent on the computer.

Also in the old days alot of the ground was share rent,not cash rent.The best farmer,not the biggest usually got first chance and was always approched by the landowner.

Edited by Stormwatcher 1/24/2010 18:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)