AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bad neighbors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KJ-MT
Posted 1/24/2010 01:05 (#1038220 - in reply to #1038172)
Subject: Re: bad neighbors

Eastern Montana
Sounds like a raw deal but to me that situation sounds more like your dealing with bad landlords if they dont at least inform you or give you a chance to match. Assuming you did have a good working relationship with your landlord isnt some of the fault still yours since you based your entire opperation on a landlord that didnt have any loyalty to you? By no means do i wish any farmer to not have the ability/option to farm cause i feel its the greatest occupation out there, but by the same token i have to say whats my responsibility to my business and my family. If my entire operation can be shut down because i lease from owners that would kick me to the curb without notice then i have to look at it this way.... i made that choice to rent from that landlord and in doing so i assume the risk involved. That landlord made a choice to go for more money and its his right to make that choice, also its any other farmers choice to approach any landlord. How they approach and how they bid is all open to personal interpretation.

In this situation who is really to blame.... The other farmer for bidding more? The landlord for taking more money and not having loyalty to a previous tenant? or the current farmer for renting from a landlord that had no loyalty?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)