AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I gotta ask, rough sections of big towns, why are you all so afraid?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Lil' Hoss
Posted 1/7/2010 14:10 (#1008605 - in reply to #1008083)
Subject: Re: I gotta ask, rough sections of big towns, why are you all so afraid?

NESD
In 1986 my wife and I took a trip out to San Diego to visit my cousin, while there we decided that we wanted to go to Tijuana, Mexico. My cousin said that the easiest way was to take the trolley so we went to the trolley station and got on the one that we thought would take us to the border, as we were riding we started noticing that all the buildings had bars on the windows and there were cars sitting in the streets completely stripped or burned and then at the next stop an armed guard got on, we asked the guard where we were and if it would take us to Tijuana, he told us that we were in the Bario section and no it would not take us to Tijuana, we would need a different route trolley, he then said to stay on the trolley with him and ride it to the end and then back to the station as it was not safe to get off and catch another trolley back, he also told us that this was his designated route that he always rode to keep people safe while on the trolley. We definitely saw the underbelly of San Diego and made it out alive thanks to that guard. We did eventually make it to Tijuana, that was an experience too that I will never repeat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)