AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I gotta ask, rough sections of big towns, why are you all so afraid?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rich
Posted 1/7/2010 10:25 (#1008083)
Subject: I gotta ask, rough sections of big towns, why are you all so afraid?

Kansas
I still remember my trip to long beach with the truck. I had to deliver sheetrock to a place right next to where the new toyotos were coming in off the ships. Real seedy section of town. Guy at the gaurd shack told me I wanted to be sure and not be up town during the night. Ok? When in rome, do as the romans do. I couldn't resist during the day though. Wasn't going to drop the trailer and drive the truck up town just for a burger so I walked the 10 blocks in my bibbys and walmart tennis shoes with cigs and a lil cash in my pocket.

Along the way I passed more bullpens with barb wire across the top. The oddest named bars with spanish writing on them. A family climb into the sleeper of a truck that I assumed was thier home.

I watched dope deals go down. I watched bums climb over fences to get into dumpsters to find food and then sneak back out of them when an employee would open a gate to dump more trash.

I was standing along the street watching traffic and people and even had a hooker ask to borrow my lighter to light her smoke.

Then there was the bum who came around to everyone in the fast food burger joint passing a note that he was deaf and wanted money and when I mouthed the words to him I had none he couldn't read lips and didn't know what the hell I was saying.

Kinda was fun people watching and seeing firsthand what I had only seen in the shows before.

I never once felt in danger for my life. Didn't even get the inkling I was about to get mugged. Of course, I could of passed for a bum myself the way I was dressed.

I get the feeling that alot of you fear for your lives pretty seriously in some of the seedier spots of large towns.

Is this because you have heard to many horror stories or was personally involved with to many? I might have been lucky I didn't get cracked on the head while in long beach and my 7 bucks stole off me along with my marlboros and walmart tennis shoes but then again, I had a friend long time back that taught a young green country boy a lil street smarts and it's seemed to go along ways.

Just curious what all you have seen or heard that we don't on the news that makes a person a bit more nervous about entering these places.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)