AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I gotta ask, rough sections of big towns, why are you all so afraid?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

eddiedry
Posted 1/7/2010 11:37 (#1008266 - in reply to #1008083)
Subject: Re: I gotta ask, rough sections of big towns, why are you all so afraid?

Wheatley, Arkansas
I've never been scared to go where ever I needed to go to. I have been in a couple of places where I had a heightened sense of awareness of my surroundings.

I guess the oddest place was in New Orleans pulling up to the Super dome at 3 in the morning. I wasn't ever scared but it was different seeing guys coming out of cardboard boxes to see what was going on with a big rig being there at such an odd hour. Quite a few people were still loitering around the underside of the overpasses in the area, and it seemed like every 5 minutes you'd hear sirens in the distance.

I figured a lot of these folks had heard a story or two about cross country truck drivers kidnapping people and holding them hostage in their truck until they killed them and dumped the body in another state.

It also seems like a lot of the delivery points for com. trucks are in the seedier part of cities, maybe a guy just becomes accustomed to the abnormal. Heck, some truck stops I've been around seem pretty seedy after midnight.

Some guy once said; There is nothing to fear, but fear itself!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)