AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers about how hard they work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

mac4440
Posted 3/21/2024 16:55 (#10674183 - in reply to #10673534)
Subject: RE: Farmers about how hard they work

Lake dweller - 3/21/2024 07:24

The only guys I hear claiming to work really hard are the grain farmers who have been fortunate enough to receive an inheritance. Livestock is a completely different animal (pun intended).

The above group have about the easiest job around; they just don't know it. They will spend a lifetime working in spurts with a TON of time off, and they'll end up wealthy. Try that in about any other occupation and see how it works out.

I have reasons to travel locally EARLY in the mornings at times. The grain farmer's houses are dark. The factory workers, carpenters, health workers, etc--those homes are all lit up as those people are preparing for another day of hard work.

Q:Why does a farmer's pickup say "4X4" on the box?

A:To remind them to work 4 weeks in the spring and 4 weeks in the fall.

There's exceptions to every generality-plenty of people from all occupations work hard--or don't. But in general, I stand by my observation.

Pretty amazing that you know what everyone else does with their time. And why do you care?
Wish I could figure out how to fit all the grain hauling, spraying, equipment maintenance, tile work, dirt work, waterway mowing, along with all the spring and fall tillage work, planting and harvesting, into that 8 week window of yours.

Edited by mac4440 3/21/2024 16:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)