AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers about how hard they work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

nick121
Posted 3/20/2024 18:01 (#10673023)
Subject: Farmers about how hard they work

ontario
Quit often posts on here about how many hours do you work and most non farmers or employees cant work etc etc.

I've really come to notice how the guys who seem like they're putting in long days don't count the time spent when neighbors or salesmen stop to visit or go out to lunch with fellow farmers or just have a long lunch at home. Running to get parts and chat with so and so.
And how employees never work as hard or break so much stuff.

Not to say farmers aren't hard working.. And I hand it to the livestock guys cause they work for their money for sure. But there's many people out there working hard and farming has gotten much easier with machinery doing most of the work.
Hard to agree with it being so hard with bulk seed and fertilizer and autosteer with air conditioned cabs.

I'm an employee but have farmed some on my own.. I know other farm hands and yes there's definitely steering wheel holders and clock watchers out there.. but many good employees too. And Honestly not many people with have the same level of care or concern as the owner operator. But me and many others are right out there working to get the job done right with the owners. And still a fair amount of us do care about our jobs and doing it right.

There's definitely the money and stress of running the business/farm that as an employee I don't need to worry about. I can go home and the problems stop there. Although I also understand the farm/business needs to turn a profit or im out a job.

The freedom that a farm operator has to slip out to do this or that and run a personal errand or stop and visit someone. Vs a town person working a job needs to schedule a day off for this type of thing

Just a random post that might ruffle feather but a different view.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)