AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers about how hard they work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

barren
Posted 3/21/2024 06:24 (#10673458 - in reply to #10673023)
Subject: RE: Farmers about how hard they work

Glasgow, Ky

I  have learned through the years that a persons definition of "hard work" is directly related to their work experience.  One person can think they are working hard when another person thinks they have it easy.  It reminded me of my own experience when I started working in a factory.  One of my coworkers was telling me about certain jobs were to be avoided due to the work involved.  Comparing those jobs to my experience working in tobacco, hay etc those jobs were easy.  To someone who has never done work that required hard physical labor their point of reference is only what they have experienced.

Anyone who thinks that the factory workers have it made makes me wonder why they chose to farm instead of going that route. Anyone who has never worked factory work for years has no basis for understanding their work.  Anyone who has never farmed part time and worked off farm has no basis understanding their work.  Anyone who has never had livestock, tobacco, hay etc has no basis for understanding their work. 

Those who grain farm and have experienced one or more of the above do have a basis for understanding what others are going through.  As the saying goes "the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence". Those who have worked on both sides of the fence know what it's like and appreciate better what others go through.             

Edited by barren 3/21/2024 06:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)