AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers about how hard they work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

archie63
Posted 3/21/2024 07:54 (#10673576 - in reply to #10673534)
Subject: RE: Farmers about how hard they work

Barry County, MI
The hardest job I had was gathering up coal around the old works we were striping .after shift I would really get to work sweat work anyway . I would load my old ton dodge truck with house coal and then take it to the custom coal yard and weigh it and then shovel it off . then come fall I could use loader tractor to load it and haul to people that need coal for winter . I'd make 2 times what I got payed a day for 9 hr shift, and half day sat. this was what I used to buy land with . Then a couple years later folks around me thought I should get a good job with insurance . so I did for sterling faucet . I got put in the foundry as a sand molder I had to lift 60,tons a night to make $12 dollars a day I can still smell that damn place, It amazing what a fellow will do to realize a dream. 9 months to the day I got called to labors union witch was a millions times better and I made nearly 3$ a hour. Land was adding up then ha ha archie. Haven't worked public works since middle of August 1969 wouldn't of done it any other way. but sure wouldn't want to do it again .beef 8 years dairy 7 years pork 15 years then row crop and bean roasting business then organic crops and cattle. now I learning how to grow Vegas with drip pipe and black plastic being I remineralized our farm with stuff from under sea beds from Florida west coast Utal mem, minn kelp fish bugs and so on. food grown here is full of minerals and is very healthy you don't need many pills if you eat food grown from. soils that are loaded with 70 or so trace minerals the omega 3 in our beef test from Omaha has 4 times the omega 3 as the whole foods beef and 2 times the next closest . with the right ratio with omega 6. there is the key to healthy food

Edited by archie63 3/21/2024 08:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)