AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers about how hard they work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ricb
Posted 3/21/2024 14:11 (#10674060 - in reply to #10673453)
Subject: RE: Farmers about how hard they work

Puckerville Dead center N.Y.
I am also the first one to the shop and always the last one to leave. But we are dairy so there is always someone at the farm before I get there and after I have gone home. The difference is there are multiple shifts that have come and gone during those same days. Any time there is a problem I know about it. Another of times I don't want to know about it but that goes with the territory. I have missed lots of parties and other events that may have been fun to participate in. After close to 35 years of it I can't say if I've missed anything or not. It's just the way it is. Having said that I have had my share of helpers over the years. Some good some not so. They always leave when they want and mostly show up when they want. There are plenty that have told me they would not be here to do jobs I needed help with for a variety of reasons from sick kids to parties to dates to just not wanting to come in. I get the work done but it would be nice to have extra help sometimes. I do understand that it is my business not theirs. And I can't/don't expect them to put in the hours I do. The one thing I have found out over the years is burnout is a real thing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)