AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers about how hard they work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

nick121
Posted 3/20/2024 20:32 (#10673182 - in reply to #10673178)
Subject: RE: Farmers about how hard they work

ontario
Iowajim - 3/20/2024 20:28

One thing the non farmer does not experience is the mental stress involved with living on that farm with the farming responsibilities waiting for us right outside the door 24-7. We cannot escape it, especially the livestock farmer. There is always a reminder of a responsibility in the wings whether it be the smell of the air, the temperature, the sounds and many more. For the livestock farmer there is nothing to compare the pulse raising sensation when something tells him to look out the window at 3:00 AM to a view of cattle in the farm yard with a gate wide open. Or the hogs rooting up the wife’s tulip bulbs or that hollow sound a hog feeder has when it is empty. It’s inescapable and part of the reason we see farmers in the coffee shop getting an hour of mental relief.

When we are in the house there is that nagging bookwork piling up in the office.

Like I said the mental part is tough and I get there's no "getting away" it's all that nagging work and an endless list that never seems to be going down. I work as the main employee right with my bosses(father, son) I have a tremendous respect for the dedication they have and that all bills and wages get paid before they do.
Mostly What I'm getting at is it takes all in the community to make it happen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)