AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Original Greaser Bob
Posted 4/15/2024 11:27 (#10707568 - in reply to #10707204)
Subject: RE: Tesla update

Altoona, WI
jd4930 - 4/15/2024 06:21

Don't let that clown bother you,

Which one? There are a bunch of them blaming the car in this thread. :)

For those who wondered about skid marks from braking, you won't find any from a car with properly working anti-locks. That is the whole purpose of them. In fact, I seem to recall when anti-lock brakes started to go mainstream, one of the disadvantages being touted was the fact that they would not leave skid marks was going to make accident investigations more difficult since it would not be possible to tell where drivers applied brakes.

To the OP... Think of us like a jury. You are correct, none of us were there. All we can do is go by what you can recollect and tell us. It has been my position that the car was not to blame due to the fact that it is relatively new to you and your wife, Teslas are a bit of a different animal to drive (the Hertz deal is proof of that), you were in a huff about running late, and you clearly admit to aggressive driving on gravel. You now admit to both having brakes and putting the car into a slide to try to make the corner and trying to correct it, reducing the car's traction even more.

If I were on this jury, it would be a very easy decision as to where to put the blame. Anyone still wanting to blame the car, well, let's see some evidence that it malfunctioned. Should be easy enough to get since the things are collecting data on everything. I doubt there will be any data to support it.

Another thought... Many of these newer vehicles have stability control in addition to anti-lock brakes. The computer will utilize individual wheel brakes to keep a vehicle on the road. Since we have here a driver who admits to putting the car into a skid at a high rate of speed, it might be possible that the computer decided that nobody in his right mind would do such a thing and the stability control system went into action which may have reduced braking ability as it was trying to correct the skid. Bad place for it to happen, yes, but since he had control of the car and not auto-pilot, it had no way of knowing it was coming up on an intersection.

https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/electronic-stability-control/

One good thing to come out of this besides the fact that nobody got seriously hurt, is that once EVs go mainstream and they ever decide to do a remake of the Dukes of Hazzard, we'll still have guys like the OP to drive the General Lee and make the show exciting! Would be pretty dull to watch Bo and Luke outrun Roscoe in a car with traction and stability control. Glad to see there are still people out there who can even outwit a computer's best efforts to keep him alive. :)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)