AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tmrand
Posted 4/14/2024 09:21 (#10706228 - in reply to #10705956)
Subject: RE: Tesla update

Southeast Colorado
It's not so much that the brakes failed............but I think the traction requirements in his situation that the complicated Tesla braking system is not up to the task of operating correctly.

Obviously just my guess...............but reading up to this point.........and realizing two different drivers and 3 separate situations leads "me" to believe this.

I still remember my first vehicle with anti-lock brakes. It was my 1996 one ton Chevy. I was pulling out of my gravel driveway onto the country road.........with a somewhat tree blocked view. I was rolling slowly, and a vehicle was coming by very fast. My instant reaction was to stomp really hard on the brake pedal. I got the vibration and noise out of the system and my pickup continued to roll forward a little. I was in no danger or threat of any accident...........since I was moving only 5 to 10 mph. But it scared the crap out of me at the time...............because I wasn't sure what was happening. Without the anti lock...........I would have come to an immediate stop. This was 25 years or so ago.

So I get this similar feeling listening to Dpilot's story............only his ordeal is obviously at a much elevated level.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)