AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/13/2024 08:53 (#10705037 - in reply to #10705017)
Subject: RE: Tesla update

twraska - 4/13/2024 08:39

I’ve heard some say the definition of insanity is replicating a situation and expecting a different outcome. I’d be looking at another Honda.

If we did buy another Tesla a large part of the reason would be to see if I’m wrong on what my current evaluation of the braking system is. I want to know how much of it was me misjudging the time it would take to stop if things were performing well and how much of it was the Tesla not performing well in that environment.

Right now if I’m honest, I would say that I don’t know. I have never misjudged like that before. But maybe this was the first time. Maybe I was going faster than I think I was or maybe I applied the brakes later than I thought I did. People’s judgement on that kind of stuff do change over time. Maybe it’s happening to me now at just over 40.

I will say the Tesla drives like it’s on rails. It’s easy with it to not realize how fast you are going. And I never looked at the speedometer. When I’m in a hurry I focus on nothing but the road. But on the flip side, as soon as I hit the brakes I knew it was over and just hadn’t happened yet. It felt exactly the way it had felt in mud previously, just at a higher speed. That feeling is my only real evidence that the car wasn’t performing as good as other cars would have. And feelings are subjective.

The only way I know to really know is to get another one and compare it to the van (which is a very similar vehicle from a weight and tires perspective) in a more controlled, safer environment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)