AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tariffs part deuce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 4/14/2024 17:16 (#10706653 - in reply to #10706599)
Subject: RE: Seriously?

NE Ridger - 4/14/2024 16:07

havin’funfarming - 4/6/2024 13:31

The scientists of their time could explain how it happened and it was a consensus that the Earth was flat. It was a rogue scientist that challenged the flat earth belief. The scientists that were in the consensus of the flat earth theory, weren’t very happy with him saying they were wrong. Eventually the truth did come out but the consensus scientists tried desperately to deny they were wrong.

There is a lot of similarities actually. I am quite certain that ancient versions of the two of us had quite similar conversations. The scientific topic changed, but not the human nature.

No. That didn't happen, at least, not in recorded history. Scientists had measured the circumference of the globe by 200 B.C. (Eratosthenes of Cyrene)
They knew the earth, moon, and sun were globes.
The panel of scientists assembled by Queen Isabella knew the earth was a globe. They said Christopher Columbus couldn't reach China by sailing west because they knew how far it was, and they knew that the ships of the day couldn't travel that far. They were absolutely correct. Neither they nor Columbus knew that there was another continent in between, but they were correct that the ships of the day couldn't travel to China without numerous re-supply stops.

Seriously? What the heck does Christopher Columbus have to do with what I’m talking about???

LMAO

Edit to add: My apologies. You are likely right about my example. I just realized I got mixed up with the Earth not being in the center of the universe belief. That is why I was wondering what Christopher Columbus had anything to do with it. Lol

Edited by havin’funfarming 4/14/2024 18:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)