AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tariffs part deuce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 4/6/2024 12:48 (#10696315 - in reply to #10695991)
Subject: RE: falling inflation. OMG, if anyone says we have "falling inflation" their arguement immediately

For likely anyone I have ever talked to for the last 4 years there has been no one that believes the government published inflation stats are accurate for their own situation. The fear wasn’t being pushed on them. In fact, the media was pushing the opposite by publishing low inflation numbers. Their fear and frustration came entirely from their own experience in the real world.

But fear is definitely effective at influencing people as you suggest. From basically 8 until 4 years ago we were told that the U.S. leader was a war monger who would certainly plunge the world into WW3. The reality was that he was the only leader to not actually start a war and actually achieved relative peace where it had never happened before. I doubt you see it that way though due to the fear induced by the media.

In the last 4 years since regime change the entire world has been plunged into what is likely the closest we have ever been to WW3. I bet you don’t see the current leader as a war monger though because the media doesn’t blame him.

The power of the media to influence public perception is very real and fear is definitely one of the most powerful tools at its disposal. There is also another powerful tool though and that is censorship. In the absence of being told the truth of what is actually happening in the real world combined with the constant push of a false narrative there is a segment of the population that will argue that the false narrative is the truth even though it doesn’t accurately reflect their own experience.

On that note, are you trying to tell us that the published inflation numbers accurately reflect your own increase in your own cost of living?

Edited by havin’funfarming 4/6/2024 12:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)