AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tariffs part deuce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 4/5/2024 16:29 (#10695232 - in reply to #10695229)
Subject: RE: falling inflation. OMG, if anyone says we have "falling inflation" their arguement immediately

hlstark - 4/5/2024 16:22

Maybe you should try some mental exercise before your haphazard response. The drug decrease was an analogy of the simplistic nature of using one item, such as subway, to correlate to runaway inflation.

Deflation definition is a decrease in the price of goods. To say market competition is not a factor in inflation or deflation is a ludicrous statement.

Here is one link for subway. But you can just listen to one of their ads for the same information.

https://www.thestreet.com/retail/subway-makes-a-major-menu-change#:~...

I feel because the government uses over 250 items for their cpi food bundle and the WSJ uses 20 items the term cherry picking should be used for the article

Your theory comes from previous posts where you have stated that the government numbers for inflation are in accurate. I did make this assumption based upon your numerous postings on government manipulation in all data to skew results

Ok. Just to be clear are you stating that the cost of living has only increased by the percentage stated by the government? In my opinion that figure is not even close to accurate. It reminds me of some “studies” that were done and argued as being the truth even though they did not match the experiences of people in the real world.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)