AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tariffs part deuce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

David
Posted 4/5/2024 15:24 (#10695171 - in reply to #10695134)
Subject: RE: falling inflation. OMG, if anyone says we have "falling inflation" their arguement immediately

hlstark - 4/5/2024 14:56

Sorry to burst one of your “theories” but the price of the drug decreased due to the market factor of a new competitor company producing a similar but perceived to be improved drug.

Then that isn’t deflation. That is competition driving the price lower.

I can speculate that the Subway sandwich increased partially due to the rebrand of subway to try to become a higher quality sandwich. They are using better quality ingredients to make sandwich, which in turn costs more to make sub. Also when rebranding to a superior product, an exponential increase in price is usually incorporated. A consumer associates a higher price with a better quality product.

I’ve eaten at Subway a long time. I have t seen any change in ingredients. Can you link me to where they are upgrading ingredients? The same sandwich I get has the same ingredients and has only gone way up in price.

As far as your price link to the WSJ article, it cherry picks a bundle of common goods and compares it to the entire bundle of food that comes is incorporated with the CPI for food. The article uses the government data for each individual item to come up with their inflation for the 20 some items they feel as common. Maybe that is a common bundle but not to many include red meat, potatoes, bean, and rice seems to leave out some popular common items.

I guess you would prefer the cherry picking by .gov so as to prove less inflation? Why not use the same exact products on the basket and let the numbers show what is happening? Why change the basket to get to where they want it to be?

Not sure what “theory” you were trying to point out in article, but if it is the common theme of yours that the government is manipulating inflation, this article does not support your “theory”

Please show me what my “theory” was?

Your mental gymnastics are something to behold.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)