AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tariffs part deuce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 4/5/2024 13:09 (#10695012 - in reply to #10694818)
Subject: RE: Tariffs part deuce

Southeast Colorado
There's not nearly as much money in raising strictly livestock, compared to grain. But without the insurance and historical govt subsidies...........folks would have gone broke around here a LONG time ago growing grain. I'm not sure how to unwind what's already been set into motion. I thought we were doing that back in 1996(??) with Freedom to Farm.

Anyway...........nowadays, the economy and land prices/taxes/& everything that goes with that has been set by a govt support program. I wish it hadn't been..............but it took me farming for 40 years to fully appreciate the folly that we have undergone. One can only imagine what other industries have become dependent on govt money as well. I'm sure the KING of what I'm speaking of is the Military Industrial Complex. But you get right down to it.............it'd be tough taking one for the team, when the rest of America's businesses would surely be happy to confiscate any funds the farmers returned back to Washington. EVERY segment of our economy receiving public funds needs to cut back simultaneously if we truly want to accomplish anything.

Edited by tmrand 4/5/2024 15:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)