AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remember when
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 3/17/2024 22:38 (#10669378 - in reply to #10666659)
Subject: RE: Remember when

SWOH
I’m not a plane guy so I don’t know what it is but they do touch and go’s at Wright Patt with a big transport plane and it always circles back and the path to land is over one of our fields. I was cleaning up a creek bank and I had been watching it all day and it kept coming over lower and lower. I saw it off in the distance and figured it was going to be coming around again soon but I had my back to it sitting on the tractor and felt the hair stand up on the back of my neck before I heard it. I looked up and all I could see was the bottom of that plane. I don’t know how low he was but it seemed like it was about 10 feet over my head. I might’ve drizzled a little.

I was spraying fungicide on wheat a few years ago with the high boy and backed into a corner and stopped to set up the monitor. I caught something in the mirror out of the corner of my eye and was thinking “that was a really big bird” and the floorboard started rumbling about the same time a chopper went about 5 feet over by cab. He was spraying the wheat field right behind me but I hadn’t seen him when I pulled in. I might’ve drizzled a little bit on that one too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)