AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remember when
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mitchco
Posted 3/16/2024 07:10 (#10666896 - in reply to #10666659)
Subject: RE: Remember when

SW OH
We used to have a farm with a field about 3/4 of a mile long. Dad, brother, and I had just filled the planter and my brother took off across the field. He got half way to the other end and, BOOM! My dad was looking to the sky when I said what was that? Dad said it was a sonic boom but we couldn't see any planes. My brother heard it as well, stopped and spent 5 minutes looking at the planter and tractor for a cause.

We used to sell hay to a guy that was a fighter pilot, still in training at the end of the Vietnam conflict. He was quite a story teller. He was training with an RAF pilot as a wingman over Nevada maybe. They flew the first planes that could go super sonic under 100 feet, F111s maybe? One day the sheriff showed up at the base and asked the pilots to keep an eye out for any vehicles in a certain area. There was some cattle rustlers around but they couldn't catch them. So one day they saw a pickup truck in the area where there shouldn't be. So the RAF buzzed the truck at around 10 feet. They let the sheriff know about the truck. 2 days later the sheriff came back to the base to thank them. Seems it was easy to spot the truck in town since every piece of glass had been blown out of the truck. 2 guys we're arrested and some of the stolen cattle were recovered.

Mitchco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)