AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remember when
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FarmerTom4440
Posted 3/17/2024 10:37 (#10668409 - in reply to #10668101)
Subject: Not an AIR FORCE story but has a military connection

Never met the guy and only heard of him through a good friend I lost about five years ago. My friend had known a thrill seeker all the way back when they were training as pilots for the Korean war. The thrill seeker was flying the plane with my friend and a sergeant on board. The thrill seeker put the plane into a steep dive. They speculated why he did this and never knew for sure if it was intentional or he got lost in the clouds. The plane lost altitude at such a fast decent and rate that the sergeant's quick efforts ended up being what saved them all from a sure death and crash. It was a terrifying experience no doubt as my friend described as best he could what that was like. Long after the war was over, my friend hadn't heard from the thrill seeker in a long time. He did mention that the guy had a quite high IQ but was unstable. Last he knew, the guy did some prison time after the war for armed robbery. My friend said that kind of behavior didn't fit him at all. Said he must've been on drugs or incredibly desperate to do such a thing as he wasn't the kind of person to be involved in criminal activities.

Then back in the 1980's the thrill seeker guy shows up unannounced at my friend's doorstep back in the states. My friend asked him if the rumors of him being sentenced to prison were true. Apparently it was all true, but the true story of this man becomes stranger than fiction. This isn't some internet wild, untruthful made up garbage. Somehow either during his prison stint or after, because of his high IQ he ended up working for the CIA. Maybe he knew the right people in the right places for this to happen??? The guy traveled all over the world for that gig and ended up marrying some south American gal he met while traveling. Despite all the above, his love of flying never waned. He kept a pilot's license and had purchased a small plane.

He flew in just to meet with our mutual friend to take him up in the plane. While flying over a rural area, thrill seeker spots some cows in a pasture. To prove his flying skills he demonstrates how he can fly low and precisely enough to put a wheel on a cow's back. My friend was of course telling the guy during all of this that he didn't approve of the stunt. Thrill seeker did manage to touch a cow's back but came dangerously close to hitting a fence and trees on the way out. My friend said he told the guy that would be their last outing together in the air. My friend didn't get a high from adrenaline filled risks and stunts like Mr. thrill seeker did. Last my friend heard, the guy perished in a plane crash while trying to fly through or near a tornado. Friend said that fit the guy's dangerous lifestyle perfectly with him enjoying risks like he apparently did. There's no telling what all he did while working for the CIA. He must've been daring enough to take on most any assignment without holding back.

Edited by FarmerTom4440 3/17/2024 10:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)