AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remember when
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cole Sibley
Posted 3/16/2024 21:00 (#10667834 - in reply to #10666659)
Subject: RE: Remember when

When i was a kid in the 80s we would still have b52s coming down the missouri here, we surmised they were going from greatfalls to minot. You could hear the b52s coming and we always got as close as we could and i got to see quite a few fly right over head at what we called 'treetop' level (they were so big, they were probably more likely at 500')

But the most amazing one was on a float trip, we were canoing down the river quiet and tranquil as you could imagine, about 6 canoes. The first thing we seen was the shadow, which was absolutely starteling, but gave us time to look up to see a perfectly quiet b-1 bomber (amazingly futuristic back then, we had no idea what it was) directly over our heads, and then it was gone, and then the sound hit. Almost all the canoes went over, it was so deafening and frightening that i can still feel it today. Was really amazing. The shadow must have triggered ancient instincts like a chicken being afraid of a hawk they cant see, then the sight triggered nothing but awe, and then the sound just made you think you had died, even the adults were astounded. Was a cant forget moment for sure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)