AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remember when
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bkandra
Posted 3/17/2024 06:44 (#10668101 - in reply to #10666659)
Subject: RE: Remember when

We live under one of the training routes. It is supposedly still active, but I haven't seen any planes in years. I was buzzed by a fighter back in the early 70's on an open station combine. He came from the back and stood on his tail right over me. I was on the ladder headed to the ground before I realized the combine wasn't about to explode. For a while, B-52's flew the route. Always 3, at about 8 in the morning. If you caught them coming, it seemed as if you could watch them for 15 minutes. We also had a few B-1's went over. I was on top of a bin when one came over from behind a shelterbelt. It was only a couple seconds behind its sound.

A few years ago the army was moving helicopters somewhere from east to west. I was in the sprayer when I saw one coming from behind. One to the left and right at a distance, then one left and right less than 200 feet away. And suddenly one right over the top. A neighbor was spraying the field next to me. We talked on the phone right away and he asked if they were as close as it looked to him.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)