AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is there any way I can have good looking notill corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MNfarmer85
Posted 6/1/2023 02:41 (#10251750 - in reply to #10250070)
Subject: RE: Is there any way I can have good looking notill corn

South Central MN
I have a JD 1760 planter so am more limited on options for 2X fertilizer attachments, been using the Yetter inbetween mounted system (2968 single) on mine for the past few years and has been working alright, set it to 3" to the side of the row and running 67-34-0-13 + N stabilizer and the Yetter coulters set as shallow as they go. (Had plugging problems with them in wet conditions when set deeper.) Seems the shallow slot is enough to allow most of the fertilizer to seep into the ground, helps if it rains before the corn is V4+ though. I sidedress the rest of the N but like to be in the field with it earlier rather than later since I don't like running down too much on the headlands once the corn gets taller. Also using 32%, thio, and the N stabilizer on that as well.

Not running row cleaners very aggressively, will see some height variation in the corn, color stays about the same, can't tell a difference come harvest, might be some if I looked really hard, but don't have rows washing out either. The N stabilizer is called CetaiN, 6 oz. per acre, carbon based, pretty cheap actually, haven't done any side by side comparisons with/without but happy with the results so far.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)