AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic Drives to control Planter sections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DrZhivago
Posted 6/13/2009 12:38 (#743722 - in reply to #743689)
Subject: Re: Hydraulic Drives to control Planter sections

You are probably correct. The main reason I did what I did was to eliminate chains which has been problematic in our total no till environment as well as the maintenance issues of chains and idlers motivated me to go over the top. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it as it is a more expensive approach but I was so satisfied with the results that it would be tough to go back to chains and bearings. Ground drive is effective and I will let it slip that my hydraulic drive is actually ground drive as well with only one chain and a set of different sprockets to give me a wide range of populations. It uses a mechanical servo drive system that eliminates any pesky electronic controls, valves etc. It also incorporates an adjustable flow divider system that lets me plant lower populations on pivot corners with the flip of a switch that activates a 12 volt solenoid valve. I was so glad to get rid of that duo-rate and it's endless problems. Just remember to do what works best for you and your conditions and you will be most satisfied, trends are exhausting to chase. If you have more questions just ask.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)