AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic Drives to control Planter sections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 6/13/2009 10:08 (#743593 - in reply to #743544)
Subject: Re: Hydraulic Drives to control Planter sections

I see. That's some good information. I didn't realize you had built your own bar and were using white seed meters. For us to build up an essentially stock 1770 24R I don't think we could come up with the room for mounting the motor on the side of the seed meter. Maybe if one were to buy a CCS planter with the small little quart boxes it would be possible to do this but with a planter that has 3 bu John Deere boxes, I can't imagine how I would go about mounting a motor and hoses in an area that would allow direct coupling to the seed meter.

Through this discussion I am realizing that there is yet another reduction that occurs with the chain that goes from the shaft which drives the seed meter to the seed meter itself. I believe the sprocket on the shaft is smaller than the sprocket that is on the seed meter. I will have to re-calculate based on this information. Anyways, like I mentioned earlier, doing one motor on each row is more a theoretical analysis for me than something I am interested in attempting. I would probably do no more than 7 motors including the motor that would be used for a speed sensor on a 24 row planter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)