AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IHC 1470
Posted 4/13/2024 16:41 (#10705438 - in reply to #10704837)
Subject: RE: Tesla update

Idaho

Was not the idea behind ABS systems was you could get better braking action over what a human could do? Seems that was not the case in this instance. Not sure the name Tesla on the hood has anything to do with it. More us depending on a computer for what we should be able to do on our own. 

From the description it really sounds like there was little to no braking happening. Two different drivers in same car on two different occasions before this accident and I would gather that in both cases they were pushing on the brake pedal. "I told my wife about it so she could be a bit more cautious and not have it happen to her and then it happened to her anyway shortly thereafter. Exact same thing except she was going slightly slower than me so it stopped just before going across the intersection. She said there was nothing she could do. It just would not brake." Nothing said about wife driving aggressively.

Traction control falls into the same category. Talking to FedExpress freight driver this winter and he was saying how worthless these new trucks are when it come to poor driving conditions. You basically get stuck because they start powering down as soon as wheels start spinning. Think it had been the third time that week he had gotten into a mess because of slick roads and truck saying nope not going to go. 

I moved a friends Dodge 1/2 ton forward a very feet to get a tractor around when I dropped of some chemicals at his place. It was wet enough the M was spinning and was going to get into the pickup if it stayed where parked. Later he went to move it on around a building and got about another 10 feet or so before it shut down because of the traction control. It was sod but very wet and water was standing. I was able to move around in same general area with the old fashion mechanical 4x4 no problems.

While none of us were there to know for sure I am thinking that the car was not doing what it should when it came to braking. If I was to fault the OP any at all it might be in not taking the car into a dealer and having the braking system checked.

Computers you just have to love every little thing they do for out lives OR NOT.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)