AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building new home tips
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

swne
Posted 12/27/2010 00:40 (#1508695 - in reply to #1508308)
Subject: Re: Building new home tips

Cambridge, southwestern Nebraska
Observe your living patterns. We always seemed to want to eat and watch TV. So, we have a bar between the kitchen and family room with a big screen TV. Make the kitchen and family room big because that is where we spend most of our time.
We built a small parlor off the front door entrance that is used only to entertain company. No TV or anything. Nice to have a room that is picked up to bring unexpected company into.
I like my office. Can shut the door on the paperwork but it is always there so I don't have to move it. Best o not share desks!
We went with a geothermal heat pump and electric backup heat. I prefer not to have gas in the house.
Remember fire exits especially in the basement.
Take plenty of time to design. We went and walked through a lot of homes first to know about what the end product was going to be.
Might want to consider a central vac system. If nothing else, put the tubes in while building.
Walkin closet is nice. Two sinks for the master bedroom.
I like a ceiling fan in the summer when I go to bed but usually don't want to run all night. I put a timer on the wall switch to shut off an hour or two later.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)