AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grass fed beef
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ben
Posted 8/23/2010 22:20 (#1329311 - in reply to #1329105)
Subject: RE: grass fed beef

North Mo.
Now that you have all the expert opinions I will try to tell you the truth as at least I see. Grass finished beef can taste good. It will have a flavor different than corn fed which taste pretty bland to me unless seasoned some how. Grass finished beef is also, according to the Medical world more healthy for you. That said most of the cattle raised in the USA will not be worth a darn trying to finish on grass. It takes a calf with the ability to finish at 900 to 1000# and most just are unable to do that. They did at one time but it mostly has been bred out of them. I see some ads claiming finished beef with some exotic in the genetics. I really doubt if it is finished at all. I really love the statement Corn is Grass talk about, oh well. It is the grain that causes the starch problem ands the fatty acid problems.
It takes a really good grass manager to finish cattle on grass where corn fed for the most part is the great equalizer.
As far as the Hamburger that post is pure BS period. Another thing most over cook grass finished beef. Ok boys have at it. Ben
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)