AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How old were you when your father passed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

wildcat1
Posted 3/17/2024 22:17 (#10669353 - in reply to #10667651)
Subject: RE: How old were you when your father passed?

South Central Kansas
I was almost 44, Dad was 82. He probably lived longer than we all thought he would, he was a heavy smoker until he was about 67, quit cold turkey when in intensive care for two weeks with a blood clot. After he quit smoking his general health improved for a few years. He lived more years than any of his seven brothers and only two sisters outlived him.

He grew up poor, quit school in 9th grade, but he know how to read an figure. His dad never owned any ground at all, Dad bought his first farm two years before I was born. Work was his hobby and he did it well, saved money and built a new house with Mom and bought three more farms. I appreciated his life a lot more after he was gone than I did when he was here. He earned everything he got. Nothing was just handed to me but 5 acres to build a house on, but I had it a lot easier then he did.

Dad and Mom were both born in 1910 three months apart, they both died in 1993 four months apart. I sure wish I had asked more questions when I could. They were both 38 when I was born so as my dad once said, I lived half a lifetime before you were ever born.

Edited by wildcat1 3/17/2024 22:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)