AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Worse city you’ve drove through???????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

twraska
Posted 12/9/2022 23:50 (#9974952 - in reply to #9971768)
Subject: RE: Worse city you’ve drove through???????

Wallis, TX
Tomcat - 12/8/2022 10:29

I was surprised by the response to the thread about driving through Chicago. Yes traffic can be slow and frustrating but it’s manageable. Does it slightly elevate my pulse? Yes outbound from Michigan I got one of 2 exits that I stop for a pee, fuel, and Dew break and from there just go for it. City I hate driving in the most is Louisville. Drove in Detroit some, through St Louis, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, Phoenix, Columbus even towed a grain auger through Omaha and Des Moines

What’s the worse you driven through?

Louisville is a piece of cake compared to Houston. The roads pretty much all have nicknames and often are on the street signs instead of the ‘ official’ name. For example, I-10W is the Katy freeway, I-10E is Beaumont highway while 59N, aka I-69 is the East-Tex freeway while 59S aka I-69 is the Southwest freeway. 290 is sometimes called NW freeway but most call it Hempstead highway. Then if you get all that figured out, loop 610 is called north loop, east loop, south loop or west loop depending on where you are on it.

San Antonio is hard/confusing to navigate because the north-south freeway (I-35) runs NE/SW and going west on I-10 it takes a right and basically exits town going north. Not bad if you’re passing through but if you’re on a side street and come up to a freeway, better break out the GPS to figure out which way to turn.

Edited by twraska 12/10/2022 00:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)