AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Worse city you’ve drove through???????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jwal10
Posted 12/8/2022 18:21 (#9972547 - in reply to #9972493)
Subject: RE: Worse city you’ve drove through???????

Western Oregon
I get a headache driving through our little town of 16,000 by myself. Not big enough for many stop lights and lots of busy 4 ways. No one knows how to do 4 ways anymore. If alone I go to the little town nearest, about 6,000 people. College town so 1/2 the town is gone in summer. Back streets, 1 Stoplight on busy highway. I have driven on the freeway in SF across the golden gate, no problem. Drove around Seattle no problem but wife is from southern Cal so is a good navigator. I never drove much the first 37 years of my life except farm truck getting seed and fertilizer, no towns, about 3 miles away. Just stayed on the farm. At 39 I started working for my little hometown. All I have ever had is a '52 Chevy pickup so didn't go far. When we got married, we got wife a new car and traded about every 10 yrs, since. Wife doesn't drive at all anymore. We did the small Class A thing for 5 years when I was 55-60 but I tried to bypass big cities and interstates. Went all over Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Utah and California. 66 now, 2 cataract surgeries with complictions, no night driving anymore. We do 3-7 day trips around Oregon in a 1995 Chevy "shortie" van now. Love it, with my co-pilot....James
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)