AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Worse city you’ve drove through???????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tigger
Posted 12/9/2022 16:21 (#9974264 - in reply to #9971768)
Subject: RE: Worse city you’ve drove through???????

Iowa
I've only driven through a few big cities. Boston probably would have been the worst when I was there, but we rode the trains instead of driving. Otherwise it was Minneapolis/St Paul, Milwaukee, St Louis, Denver, Omaha, Indianapolis, and Chicago.

It was mostly Chicago, probably about 50 times over the years, mainly weekends and holidays. It's a traffic jam moving at 80 mph, or sometimes not moving at all. There seemed to be toll booths everywhere on the main roads, but are now replaced with the IPass and/or a bill in the mail. Parts of it are like any other town after getting off the main roads and into some of the suburbs, but it never seems to end. Some parts are far worse. One way streets seem to be going the wrong way half the time. Parking and everything else is a pain, especially if it's not your normal routine. They watch parking meters like a hawk. Traffic cameras seem to be a good fundraiser for the city too. Mayor Lightfoot reduced the amount one needed to be over the speed limit to get a ticket. Good luck seeing all of the speed limit signs buried in that mess. At one time the amount of time the yellow would shine at stop lights was also reduced to generate more revenue from the stop light cameras. That was illegal, but I've gotten a bill in the mail for that and all the other stuff too.

Edited by tigger 12/10/2022 08:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)