AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why did it take 50 years?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dan_wcIN
Posted 2/8/2008 12:36 (#304642 - in reply to #304365)
Subject: Re: Why did it take 50 years?

It made a Crop
I don't think it took 50 years. Gleaner seems to be the only one that stuck with Center Line Cab. At Least in the US.

Why did it take other so long to incorporate Electric over Hydraulics and to get rid of Paddle fans? Gleaner was also know for this frame strength. But, always seems to be the lightest weight machine in it's class.

I think it would be interesting to see a Time-Line that compared key features of each Manufacture's design by Machine size thought the years.

I wonder things like why was Gleaner the only one to use The "Down-Front" Cylinder closed Concave. The L and M design did have the Closed and Open Concave Design. See where that design is like the idea of cover plate on Axial- Rotor concave.

Did Case, Deere, IH, Massey, and Oliver all use a Full open Concave under the Cylinder?

I think Gleaner closed system was mainly crop driven. I think there primary Model with the A and C was Wheat type Crops. They must have thought the Closed Concave followed by the Raddle Chain did a better job of Threshing per-separating the MOG ahead of the Walkers.

I think they offered a B that was a Rice machine. It might have still used a Raddle Separator instead of walkers. Any way I read where the E was the model designed for the Corn Belt Farmer.

Any one else care to share what they know about there favorite Combine features.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)