AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The future of agriculture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

play in the dirt
Posted 4/29/2011 20:55 (#1752824 - in reply to #1752600)
Subject: Re: The future of agriculture

south central IOWA
agronomydave - 4/29/2011 16:47
So before we go chastizing someone for their practices, lets take a look at how it works for them......then provide opinions/thoughts as to how it can be improved. Last I checked we weren't here to berate each other for farming practices, but rather to foster ideas on how to help each other out with ideas. Dave

Evidently you didn't read Jim's first post with an open mind like he was asking us to do. You stuck up for Jim but yet he was chastising everyone that doesn't do things just like him. I'm here to receive and give my opinions just like everyone else, him, he's here to show his ways only and excepts no ones thoughts for improvements. He wants to be the Puppet Master and all of you are below him. I suspect that comes with age and being highly educated. Did you count how many times he used the word paradigm in his post? Here, I've quoted his phrases for you to see his string pulling.

Jim - 4/28/2011 19:20>Like it or not, agriculture appears to be going in this two pronged, large and small approach. This appears to be somewhat inevitable if folks continue to use the conventional paradigms of how to raise crops and livestock.

An intro to..........we need to do things like him AND with his companies product.

I do see ways the midsize operation can prosper with newer methods and different paradigms of operation but many are not willing or able to look "outside the box". The midsize operation just cannot compete if it insists on using the same game rules as the large, highly capitalized operations.

I hope no one here is a mid size farmer. Because we're not doing things right and will go broke. We better "think outside the box" like he's telling us to do. Gee, he knows mid size guys so well.

There are however other possibililties.But you can see by the negative responses I get to many of my postings that many folks just are not willing to consider other paradigms for raising crops and livestock.

Getting closer to........you need to do things like him

And in cattle, rotational grazing as Ben has shown here on a large scale and I do on a smaller scale, adding finishing by grazing my standing strip tilled corn on corn, offers different paradigms in the cattle business also that can help both the large and smaller operator.

BINGO!! You dancing a jig yet cause those strings are definitely moving.

I even left out his companies new product but if you use it, WELL, you'll be OK then cause it's the best.

Trust me, I have tried before to explain myself to him and tried to create civil discussion. Of course though, I am never right. I tried different ways of explaining things so if he would think about it a little the light bulb my turn on. It comes down to, it's kind of a challenge for me since MY strings are broke, to get him to see things in a different PARADIGM.........

Sincerely, A proud member of the Peanut Gallery.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)