AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The future of agriculture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

K-WEST FARMS
Posted 4/28/2011 19:58 (#1751058 - in reply to #1750969)
Subject: Re: The future of agriculture

Clark Co. Wis
horsefarmer : We have many small operations in this area and I think they will be here for a long time. Amish farmers milking 15 to 25 cows or more, Mennonite farmers milking 60 to85 or more, and plenty of other farms in the 60 to 150 range. The BTO's are here too, 300, 800 , 3000 cow daries and a 4000 cow outfit going threw the permitting process. The smaller operations are highly diversified, sawmills, greenhouses, machinery sales, blacksmith shops, wood working shops, custom farm operators, ( Baling, combining , planting ,manure tanking , etc.).I believe they can all exist together. I guess time will tell!! I believe the towns are changing faster than the ag. community. The corner grocery is gone , replaced by mega-supermarts and the Mennonite country grocery, plant, and yard furniture store. Small town hardwares are gone because they can't buy in volume and so on. The times they are a changing , but around here I see a real mix for quite a while . Just my thoughts!! Have a good one !!! John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)