AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Youth tackle football
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 3/25/2024 08:31 (#10679188 - in reply to #10679163)
Subject: RE: Youth tackle football

Keep on Truckin - 3/25/2024 08:24

I've done our youth tackle football for going on 10 years now. Is it possible to get your bell rung, absolutely. Are the days of someone getting their bell rung and then being sent back out there, from what I can see, yes. With my oldest playing high school and middle in Jr High it's really easy to see the kids who have played before and those who haven't. I've got 2 that have wrestled for years and agree that it seems more physical as someone else mentioned. If they're out doing stuff with bikes, other unorganized sports with kids ect there is just as much opportunity there.

I can't say that I love the fact that they're playing tackle that early but boy it really helps out the coaches later on. I've been shocked by how little most kids know about football period. A bunch can be accomplished by watching and explaining positions and jobs in a good college game.
Yeah, I can remember when I was a scrawny 7th grader going out for the first time. I remember I sucked. Took things serious when I became freshman and started lifting weights. By my sophomore year i was starting both ways on the Junior Varsity team.. Some of my best memories occurred on the football field. Wouldn’t trade those moments for anything.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 3/25/2024 08:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)